Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finally did something with those feathers...

So I made those peacock feathers almost a week ago and I couldn't get them to work with anything. Well ha ha ha, I finally did. I took an old head band that I bought a year ago and have only worn once and took the fake jewels off the felt diamond. It was easy since they were just super glued on. After that I wrapped the head band in purple ribbon using a little hot glue here and there to keep the ribbon in place. I then positioned my three feathers on the felt and hot glued those on. I then hot glued a button on top where I had glued the feathers on to hide the glue. After that was done I decided it needed something more. Using a sewing needle I poked some holes through the felt and threaded fine brass wire through them. I hung a key charm from the end for a little dazzle. All in all I like it. I took me maybe an hour to do (I was on and off the phone, plus surfing the web while the glue cooled). I'll use this head band until I can make the head gear I want.
















No comments: