Monday, September 27, 2010

Annie, Get Your Gun!

So I've taken another step into the world of steampunk. I have bought my first toy gun to modify into an authentic steampunk weapon.


I bought this toy double barrel shot gun at Meijer for 10 bucks. It shoots darts, but I think for my purposes I'm going to disable that. I chose this over the traditional Nerf gun for two reasons: 1. I'm poor, so I'm on a budget. 2. I wanted a shot gun, and I liked the shape of the butt, which actually flips up for storage of more darts.


I also purchased spray paint primer made specifically for plastic so my paint job will adhere better than just painting straight on the plastic. I think I'm going to do a base coat of black matte paint once the primer has dried because that will give better backdrop to the metallic paints I'm going to be using.

No comments: